Does your business ship packages through FedEx? Are you aware that your business is eligible for a refund if a package is delivered late by a minute? But, FedEx will not notify businesses if packages delay. Companies have to keep track of late packages. In addition, FedEx will not notify companies if they suspend or revoke the refund. FedEx refunds are primarily for Express and Ground services with a guaranteed delivery date and time.
Express shipments involve shipping packages by a given deadline domestically or internationally. FedEx Express shipping services disruption was due to the pandemic, war, etc. Only select FedEx Express services are eligible for FedEx Money-Back Guarantee (MBG) as on January 3, 2023. They are
- FedEx First Overnight®
- FedEx Priority Overnight®
- FedEx Standard Overnight®
- FedEx First Overnight Extra Hours
- FedEx Priority Overnight Extra Hours
- FedEx Standard Overnight Extra Hours
- FedEx International First®
- FedEx International Priority®
- FedEx International Priority® Express
- FedEx International Priority® Freight
However, FedEx has suspended the money-back guarantee for services like FedEx Ground®, FedEx Freight®, FedEx SameDay® City, and FedEx Office® services till further notice.
Understanding FedEx Money-back Guarantee Policy
According to FedEx’s Money-back Guarantee (MBG) policy, if there is a service failure by FedEx, a business can recover all or a portion of the FedEx charges for a shipment. Late FedEx package delivery help shippers get about 100% refund of their shipping costs. In addition, FedEx offers Money-back Guarantee services to its customers when negotiating contracts. Shippers can receive a refund from FedEx for fifty or more service failures like lost packages, wrong address correction charges, and more.
Exceptions and Limitations to FedEx Money-Back Guarantee Policy
Like any policy, there are exceptions and limitations to the FedEx Money-Back Guarantee Policy. The limitations are
- FedEx refunds will be credited to the payer only
- One refund is for each package
- In a multi-package shipment, a refund request for each package is possible when there is a service failure
- It is calculated on the number and weight of packages within a shipment where there is service failure for FedEx International Priority Direct Distribution and FedEx International Priority Direct Distribution Freight
- MBG applies only to transportation charges and not to taxes, duties, or other charges
- It does not apply to invoice adjustment requests based on overcharges or shipments to P.O. Box addresses for delivery
- It does not apply to shipments where the recipient has requested modified or customized delivery
Late Delivery Refund Exceptions
FedEx will not pay transportation charges in the form of a refund or credit for
- Dangerous goods or dry ice shipments
- Undeliverable or returned packages
- Wrong address or ZIP code on the shipments
- Unavailability or refusal of a person to accept delivery or sign the package
- Customs or regulatory delays
- Incorrect tracking numbers applied on FedEx shipments by customers
- Shipments for delivery seven days before Christmas Day
- Shipment scheduled on Wednesday before Thanksgiving
- Incomplete recipient information
Further information about FedEx exceptions and limitations to its Money-Back Guarantee policy is available in the FedEx Service Guide, 2023.
How to request a FedEx refund?
FedEx refunds are possible only when there is a claim request. The claim request for a FedEx refund has been filed within fifteen calendar days from the invoice date. A refund request due to a service failure is possible by the following methods
- Using internet application-FedEx Billing Online at fedex.com; or
- Using the invoice adjustment feature at fedex.com; or
- Through telephone invoice adjustment system at 1.800.463.3339 by saying “billing.”
Further, the request must have a FedEx account number, if any; the FedEx tracking number; and the date of the shipment.
Shippers will find it difficult to audit each invoice to claim refunds from FedEx. Further, during carrier contract negotiations, FedEx may tempt shippers with a Money-Back Guarantee waiver with discounts. Shippers need professionals who help with contract negotiations and claiming FedEx refunds in time.
Audintel helps shippers claim their refunds from FedEx in time. Our software and team of experts audit invoices and save money for our clients. In addition, Audintel helps clients understand the fine print of the carrier contracts so that they do not sign on Money-Back Guarantee Waiver and lose money.
To Sum it up
Online businesses find it troublesome to explain the late delivery of packages to customers. In addition to customer dissatisfaction, shippers lose money if they don’t receive refunds from FedEx in time. Partnering with Audintel helps shippers receive refunds from FedEx in time. Audintel monitors packages for late deliveries and discusses with FedEx service failures for refunds. Contact us at +1 (619) 354 8539 to discover about FedEx money-back guarantee services or visit our Audintel website.